10.16.2008

I'm Only Living Out A Lie!



"I'm the monster.
I'm the villain.
What perfection.
What precision!
Keen incisions, I deliver.
Unscathed organs, I deliver.
Repossession, I deliver.
I'm the Repo! Legal assassin!"


I first heard about Repo! The Genetic Opera thanks to The Moving Picture. I saw the trailer and fell in love immediately.


"In the year 2056 - the not so distant future - an epidemic of organ failures devastates the planet. Out of the tragedy, a savior emerges: GeneCo, a biotech company that offers organ transplants, for a price. Those who miss their payments are scheduled for repossession and hunted by villainous Repo Men. In a world where surgery addicts are hooked on painkilling drugs and murder is sanctioned by law, a sheltered young girl searches for the cure to her own rare disease as well as information about her family's mysterious history. After being sucked into the haunting world of GeneCo, she is unable to turn back, as all of her questions will be answered at the wildly anticipated spectacular event: The Genetic Opera." (from IMDB.com)
It's starring Anthony Stewart Head and I have been eagerly awaiting it's release, set to go see it on November 7th. Until I checked it's Wikipedia page.

"Originally planned for an April 25, 2008 release date, it has since been reported that it will open with a limited release in 4 cities (Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York City, and Las Vegas) on November 7, 2008 with a DVD release to follow in January 2009."
This means that I will never get to see Repo! The Genetic Opera in theaters. This angers me quite a bit.


Here is the trailer, for your viewing pleasure:

No comments: